Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:58 am 

This is a survey if you dont mind....

1). do u love reading books? what kind of books do u prefer to read? Explain why.

2). Who loves to cook? what kind of food do u prefer to cook? ur specialty? Explain why.

3). Do u love music? what kind of music do u want to hear? Explain why you love that kind of music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:48 am 

I dunno if this is in the right bit, but here i go:

1)i love to read. i read mainly science fiction/ fantasy and comedy. my favourite author is without a doubt terry pratchett. i love his style because while being completely fictuos, he seems to hit real life and the head. he's really witty as well. i read more for the fun of it, less for the depth.

2) cooking is one of my other passions. i also lve to bake. i love to cook a decent fry up, because the smell is brilliant! trouble is, once you've spent half an hour cooking it, you've filled up on the smell and don't want to eat. i like to cook italian as well, even though that is really cliche.

3) i'm into all sorts of music, but mainly indie rock. i love the beauty of the lyrics, mixed with the originallity of the riffs. my favourite band sat the moment are: Maximo prk, We Are Scientists, The White Stripes, The Rakes, The Kooks, And strangely enough, 36Crazy Fists

We are all animals-the Rakes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:15 am 

versatile_jen wrote:
This is a survey if you dont mind....

1). do u love reading books? what kind of books do u prefer to read? Explain why.

2). Who loves to cook? what kind of food do u prefer to cook? ur specialty? Explain why.

3). Do u love music? what kind of music do u want to hear? Explain why you love that kind of music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:14 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1) I love to read, and well pretty much anything, I do not really have a genre, it it looks interesting to me then I am game. Fantasy, Historical fiction, horror, comoedy (mostly satire/wit), drama, action adventure, some mystry types. About the only thing that I do not really read is crime/law stories, and romance.
Well I am very eccletic, and so there are just many different things that appeal to me, I would say Histocial fiction is probaly my faveorite genre becasue I am really into history, and mythology, and the study of past cultiures and thier beleifs and such.

2) No I do not really cook

3) I love music, and same thing with reading, I will listen to just about anything as long as it appeals to me in some way, or touches me in some way reguardless of genre. I love rock and roll from the classic up to hard rock, swing, big band, celtic, alterntive, a lot of the 60's and 70s music
I like any kind of music that can touch my souls and that makes me feel something, to me that is what music is and what it should do, so if it does that then it does not matter what genre it falls under.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:07 pm 

1) My favorite genres are science-fiction, fantasy, humor, and satire. Science-fiction because I like speculating about what could be, fantasy because nothing beats pure imagination, and humor + satire because I like stuff that makes me laugh. I really like satirical or humorous science-fiction

2) Cooking is great. I prefer to bake sweet things, because you get to eat it when you're done :D. My specialty is chocolate cupcakes.

3) My favorite types of music are showtunes and musicals, because I like how they have a story that they go along with. They're not just some random songs about love or something, they all fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:22 am 

Hey 13ecca, do you like The Discworld series?

We are all animals-the Rakes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:09 pm 

No, haven't heard of it. What's it about? And who is it by?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:30 pm 

1. Hey i love reading... recent reads include books by dan brown.. like science fiction/astronomy n space related books... reading books that discuss physics.. :)

2. Sorry.. cooking never!! but i love eating spicy n veggie food! I m a veg maniac!!

3. Music... yes of course... Love slow music... romantic, sad n emotional songs make the most of my collection...

Thats all!!! Have a grt time!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am 

I.) Of course I love reading! I will read just about anything if it's looks interesting enough. You could catch me reading a nonfiction one day, a fantasy the next, and maybe a book on grammar the next at any given time. I'll read anything. Um, my reasons? ... Because reading books is an excellent way to open your mind? I dunno. I just love reading.

2.) No. I hate cooking. Oatmeal is the limit.

3.) YES! I love music! My genre is pretty much anything Christian, although I hardly ever listen to country or rock'n'roll. Although ... Mozart and all of the German composers make for excellent listening as well. They're easy on the ears. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:54 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i LIKE to read books. I prefer history, something emotional with sacrifice, something with power and general knowledge, practically anything with knowledge applicable to real world scenarios... Reason being that I am dreamer and i tend to forget what reality is so i take the help of these books to get back to earth and stop dreaming for a while just to give my friends a break :lol:

I LOVE TO COOK. I make everything... other than baking, i cannot bake, baking is a formula which neeeds to be followed carefully and i cant do that. I love trying to come up with new ways to cook fish, chicken, salads, veggies even at times... I love it because it is during cooking that i get some time to myself... i can be around things and just experiment at my own will, no one to bother me... well there is mom sometimes...

I LOVE MUSIC TOOO... I prefer instrumental music most of the times (modern and classic, preferrably piano, flute, some guitar, violen, and such). I dont mind house music or jungle music from time to time, but thats when i am in a RUSH,,, workout or need to get work done etc. I am usually studying or working so i prefer music without words which allows me to focus on my readings and number or paperwork at work etc. I dont mind music with words, but like i said i need to do it when i dont have readings and such to worry about... and i usually do...

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:40 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1). I like reading. I read a lot, jsut cuz its something to do that isn't completely mindless. I like msot books except science fiction and those weird ones about schizos or people with mental disorders or those 'too perfect' kinda neighbourhoods thing and then they realsie something's wrong etc etc. I like romance, crime, horror, mystery and i also like books set quite a while ago.

2). Yeah, i like cooking too. we always cook in my house so its just like that. Both my parents can cook and so can my brothers and sisters...its just like that. lol. and i like eating, so therefore i cook and then eat..:D

3). Haha. Music. I love music. I like quite a wide variety, although not really much pop (excluding robbie williams, of whom i'm a huge fan). I like metal, rock, punk-rock, punk-pop and guitar music. I'm not so keen on techno type stuff and i HATE dance music. I listen to it obviosuly cuz i jsut like the sounds, but if u can relate to music it can be really meaningful and also it sometimes says what people cannot.

The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance. ~Author Unknown