Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:46 am 

I remember, when I was a kid, I read a horrible book. It was called The Boggart and I forgot the author. It was couple of hours of torture!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I recently read All the Kings Men by Robert Penn Warren, and it was a struggle to get through. It was horribly slow and boring. With lots of really unesscary long rambling passages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:02 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I have two selections: The Pearl, that freakishly descriptive short story could have been done in a total of about 4 pages, but they just had to make a five minute walk into ten whole pages... I hated the book and it was boring, though not lengthy at all...
2: The Hobbit. Though I absolutely love this book, it's again, very descriptive and fairly lengthy... A few of my classmates received that book as an assignment, and I had to warn them, "Make sure you start reading soon, if you try and do it the last few days, there's no way you can cram all the walking into a few nights..."

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:30 am 

Madam Bovery by Gustav Flaubert. Painful

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:54 pm 

The worst book I ever read was Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton, a Pulitzer prize-winning author. I read it as a book report for school, and HATED it. Nothing happens in that book. I mean NOTHING. It was incredibly boring, but somehow I ended up finishing it. A complete waste of my life. :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

meg816 wrote:
The worst book I ever read was Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton, a Pulitzer prize-winning author. I read it as a book report for school, and HATED it. Nothing happens in that book. I mean NOTHING. It was incredibly boring, but somehow I ended up finishing it. A complete waste of my life. :(

Somehow a lot of literature I've been picking up lately has been somewhat like that...

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 am 

I don't want to be flogged or anything but I could not force myself to finish A Confederacy of Dunces. I'd heard so many great reviews about it and was excited to read it but I just could not like the book or it's characters. I rarely put a book down without the intent to finish it at some point...but I did with that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:21 am 

Darkness Visible. It's a narrative about depression that was ready for a psychology course.

If you can believe it, kind of depressing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 pm 

My favorite books would be lord of the flies, dune and crime and punishment ( by Fiodor Dostojewski ) great books i love them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:46 pm 

I would love to read Pagans and Christians, but I set it down for now because it is so dry that I would rather read a few other books I have been eager to get to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:24 am 

Why would you read a book if it's boring. You'd probably cease reading it if you get bored, don't you? SO i guess i have never read a boring book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10