Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

its not his scar! i find that quite ludicrous.... his scar could be an outward symptom, which could go when he defeats it. but an indentment in the skin being a horcrux? hmm
does anyone know when the next ones out?
xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:03 pm 

NO, Snape is definately not Narcissa´s brother.

And the release date for the seventh book is unknown. I guess we´ll have to wait until the door opens again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:38 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

oh yeah, shes malofy's wife isn't she. i forgot about that. i guess he might have done it to maintain looks, but i just don't trust snape and i don't think that shes going to be able to get everything into the seventh book. i smell a cliff-hanger, or more books later on.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:20 pm 

there are 6 books right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:32 pm 

I'm a big fan of Harry Potter, and I totally understand the craze. There's nothing really outstanding about Rowling's writing, but for some reason, it manages to transport me into that world completely, and I sort of get addicted to it. Once I finished the sixth book, I suffered from what I call Post-Potter Depression. It's like I just finished a year of Hogwarts and had to return to my boring old life and school with Mathematics and Science. It sounds childish, but it's how I felt.

Harry really could be a Horcrux. Voldemort could still be out to kill him, because he knows that according to the prophecy, he has to kill Harry, or Harry will kill him. It's always better to destroy a part of yourself than have your whole self destroyed.

And the mome raths outgrabe.
-from Jabberwocky, by Lewis Carroll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:17 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

very good point. but i don't think voldemort would make harry a hor. with the knowledge that he would have to kill harry anyway. he's smarter than that.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:33 pm 

Well, it's no good theorising based on what we already know. Rowling will certainly introduce some brand new concept in the seventh book, like Horcruxes in the sixth, and that will end up explaining everything.

And the mome raths outgrabe.
-from Jabberwocky, by Lewis Carroll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:37 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i don't think that she can end all thats going on in one book and have it be good at all. its going to leave stuff out or its going to be too busy. you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:58 pm 

I love the Harry Potter books! I have to admit I've read the first 3 twice!lol I think J.R. Rowling is "brilliant".She started writing at age 6. She wrote them for children but I think more adults read them. I think the movies are pretty good.I read the books when I get overwhelmed reading what I usually like to read(The Elegant Universe, Chaos, Sagan books.etc.) I like books that blow my mind!lol So come on guys, "bloody hewll", Harrys' great!!! :D
Quote:
If you have never been critisized,booed,or made fun of its not because you have no flaws,but maybe its that you don't count so much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:16 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i read one of those the woman behind the book things on rowling and i found myself hating her. she was whinny and it was all quite annoying. but i love the books. i still think that harry's not a hor. i mean volmort's not THAT big of an idiot. in fact, for the most part it he's usually very smart. so i don't think that he'd put a part of him where he knew he would have to destroy it. thats just stupid; he already put one part in danger (the diary) and it was destroyed, but that was for a purpose. i might go with the idea that one of harry's friends is one though. i mean think, if ron was a hor. how hard would it be for harry to kill him to be able to kill volmort. its a logical idea. the other side would protect the person and volmort could keep his side from killing the person and boom a nice safe place from part of your soul.
i still say that rowling isn't going to get everything in the seventh book without it be a monsterously sized book or cutting the everyday stuff out or leaving the book a cliff-hanger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:09 pm 

I just saw the news tonight,and they are saying that Rowlings saying she will be killing someone off in her next book. The media is hinting around that it may be Harry. In my opinion, I can't see why she would do that. Harry is her money making character that has been with her for 15 years. She will also be killing off any chance to pick it up again,unless she brings him back to life(boring...) If anyone is going to die I think it may br Malfoy or Dumbledor, then Harry will become headmaster of Hogworts,etc. Maybe he will have a new prodigy and the story will continue. I think Rowling would be doing Harrys fans injustice,especially the kids.The media was saying how people are saying children need to accept death.Well,come on,they are subjected to it every day! why should they be subjected to it in a childrens fantasy? I think Cedric Diggorys' death was shocking enough!
Quote:
The human body is vapor,materialized by sunshineand mixed with the life of stars"Paraccelsus(1493-1541

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

dumbledore is dead already. what book are you on? and rowling said that shes not doing more than the seven hp books so it doesn't matter if harry dies in the seventh one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:42 pm 

I'm sorry I honestly forgot that Dumbledores' dead. I sometimes can't remember what book had what and who did what,etc.lol. I usually wait to get the paperback edition but I borrow my friends hardcover after she reads it so I do forget. I know she said only 7 books but you never know what will happen she just may get bored and want to write again anyway I always thought Jinny and Harry would get together and of course Ronald and Hermione. I wonder if that will be explained in this last book(?)
Quote:
"Knowing what is enough is wealth"Lao Tzu(c.604-531`BC.)

Post subject: ??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:36 pm 

harry potter books well i think if u get hooked u just cant stop and we still have another yr left of pondering till both the 7th book and the 5th film so how is JK and her press packers gonna keep us all vested i do not know, but to sound like i have read to mnay of these sites about the 7th books- which i totally have at the wee hours of the morn. a) if harry is a horcrux then he would have to die to be able to defeat voldy- cause only he can defeat voldy. and as far as i kno ghosts cant kill powerful wizards- tho app lot more on ghosts in the last book- also the whole bloody theme for these books is LOVE- sad huh not power or strength, intelligence yadda yadda yadda but love so who does ikle harry love- personally i'm a ron fan lol and think that rupert was his face is the only actor they got right in casting- harry loved parents- DEAD, sirius- DEAD and dumbledore -DEAD and yes he is dead JK made it very clear- his potrait on the wall with all the other DEAD heads and fawkes having left... so who is R.A.B?? well we all know that siriuss bro who was a death eater had those initials but me thinks that is too easy, then again maybe not. and not to be funny but a horcrux as one of his friends is a bit far fetched cause like fair enough he is the youngest bein born in july? but he was one yr old when voldy singled him out to be his match and didnt know what was gonna happen so the the horcrux had to me made b4 that fateful night and how the hell was voldy gonna know who harry would love in the future- and he thought he was gonna kill harry so why bother?! nagini snake is one we got that, the ring, the book, and 2 more somethin that is worthy to hold his soul. but yeah my bet is that all the people harry loves/d will be back in some form cause that the moral of the story that love is the greatest power.. blood of his mother... then again maybe he was savin his last horcux for harrys demise- cause it was a significant death- so maybe ther is only 5? oh well just another yr of speculation until either a great book or a huge let down.
LA X