Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:03 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

thank you purplelettuce

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:39 pm 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I like reading these, Rowling has a great writing style imho. Though it was somewhat predictable, it was designed to be a setup for the seventh book. I would think most people here would agree with that. I dunno, it made me want to read the next one o.O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:37 am 

Hi!

I like the HP books! I finished the 6th book as soon as it came out (practically!) :D
I have a whole weird theory about this book:
OK, I don't know if Dumbledore is really dead or not - I mean, he's powerful enough to create a Horcrux or something similar isn't he??
Also, I don't think Snape is evil - Dumbledore knows EVERYTHING that goes on. So maybe they plotted it together or something? Who knows, maybe Dumbledore (being the silly noble man he is) "sacrificed himself" :roll: so Voldemort would trust Snape and then Snape could help betray him...

Just a few thoughts though!! Let me know what you think of them!! :)

Oh! One last thing - no two! :) I don't know HOW ON EARTH Rowling is going to fit the discovery of all the other Horcruxes into 1 book as well as Harry defeating Voldemort as well as an actual storyline! :?
And how cliched and a little bit sad were Ginny and Harry at the end of the book? I mean sure it was quite sweet that they finally got together but I mean honestly "No Ginny - leave me alone. He's attacking everyone close to me and I don't want you to get hurt..." :roll: (those weren't his exact words but that was the gist! :) ) Shame...a little bit of an originality slip for Rowling there wasn't it! 8)

But anyway...
Get back to me on what you think!! :D

...He may not be, but I am! ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yup i agree/ have similar theories on most of that. Plus, who cares about a few cliches, its good fun lightweight reading, we can be generous! :)
I definatly think Dumbldore knew about Snape doing that, but whether or not he was plotting with Snape is different. Snape might actually be evil? But Dumbledore sacrificed himself cause hes all knowing and knew what was gonna happen, or Snape and Dumbldore could have planned it. Roll on the last book1 we need it.
Also, i like the general theory thats gone around about one of the characters inadvertedly being a hrcrux, like harry or ginny or someone. That would be such a dramatic ending, having 2 kill himself or sumat.....
(i know 2 much about those books! :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:10 am 

Wow..hadn't heard about that theory...that would be cool (and dramatic! :) )but how likely is it really if you think about it? I mean, would Voldemort put all his effort into making a Horcrux that could die accidentally by illness or something???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

nah i would think he'd inadvertadly do it during some duel or the other theyve had
Would be tension nail biting stuff! lol
xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:54 pm 

Hello all, nice forum.

I think there is something to do with the vow. You know Snape took a vow when Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange came to his home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:41 am 

Hmm..maybe...but I'm still not 100% sure - convince me!! :)

He wouldn't have put it in Harry 'cos he went to go kill him and why would he have tried to destroy his own horcrux? :?
I don't think it's in the Weasleys either - he hates "muggle-loving" wizards.
I think that if he did put a Horcrux in someone it would be in a follower, someone close to him that he would take care of and not try to kill (I mean what's the point in making a horcrux if you're just going to kill it???). Someone like...I don't know...but not someone who would turn their backs on him and betray him. :idea: Maybe he put a horcrux in someone (like Lucius Malfoy - bad example but hey! :wink: ) and then made horcruxes for them so they couldn't die!!! :D
Or not...it's getting a bit complex now... :wink:

Anyway...let me know what you think and explain the whole theory to me if I've got it wrong!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:22 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i think that one of the people could be a horcrux; dumbledore thought that volmort's snake (can't remember or spell the snake's name) was probably one. i doubt that harry is one because he wants to kill harry. i think that one of the weasleys might be one because volomort could make it look like he doesn't care enough to kill them and the other side probably wouldn't suspect that or kill them accidently. a follower could, and would be more likely to, be killed.
i don't think that they will do everything in one book. i don't think that its possible without having a book that we would have to use a forklift to pick up and that wouldn't fit in our cars.
yeah, the vow snape made might have been part of it.
i can't believe that dumbledore is dead (but i don't like to believe that sirius is dead).............
but i don't think that snape and him planned anything.....
nor do i believe that snape is completely on dumbledore's side. and i never thought that snape was the person that dumbledore thought he was..............
one friend of mine and me are the only ones of our group of friends that read the books and we are always going back and forth with theories and ideas. we read the book at the same time and when he finally finished it we talked for DAYS about all of it.
on another note, what about the movies? i thought that they were okay. it would have been nice if they had left more of the books, but than who can sit through a nine hour movie, you know. i wasn't as impressed with the fourth movie as i was the others. i think someone told me that something had changed, a producer or director maybe? maybe that made the difference?

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:05 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i havent seen the latest one, its only just out in little ole england.
dam it, im guna have to read it again so i can develop my theories. i think theres sum loophole that means he could have mde harry or ginny or sum1 in2 1 without meaning to.
The movies are kinda dumbed down. I no HP is lighter reading, but the movies don't appeal to such a range of ages, in my opinion anyways.
x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:20 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:06 pm 

I have read all the books as well, many times for that matter, and I do NOT think that Snape is evil. In fact, I´m SURE that he is not. I don´t intend to sound arrogant, but I just know it, I don´t know how. There are millions of ways in which this theory can be explained. For me, it was all a plan between Dumbledore and Snape and Harry will have to deal with it and accept Snape´s help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:15 pm 

I´ve heard the ´Harry is a Horcrux´ theory, but I disagree with it. According to Dumbledore, all the Horcruxes need to be destroyed before killing Voldemort himself and, according to the prophecy, one will have to kill the other eventually. If Harry has to kill himself, how on earth will he be able to kill Voldemort? I´ll bash me myself: we don´t know if the Horcruxes have to destroyed/killed or they can be put back to normal in another way. Nevertheless, I just can´t see that happening.

Oh, and there are other theories that say that Harry´s scar is the Horcrux. I don´t believe this either, but what do you all think?

Last edited by Tatiana on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:17 pm 

Tsoks wrote:
I think there is something to do with the vow. You know Snape took a vow when Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange came to his home.

Personally, I think that Snape took the vow because he is in love in Narcissa and obviously because he didn´t want to look suspicious, but that´s just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i thought narcissa was his sister or am i thinking of someone else?