Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:02 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i just finished the book and i could not stop crying!!!! it was so sad! let me know what yall thought of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:53 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Spoilers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My daughter finished this also and loved it. Also cried. Was disappointed in Snape though felt that he was going above and beyond to protect Malfoy. She wondered what the next book holds with things so different.

I stopped at book 4 otherwise you'd get my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:29 pm 

I definitely finished HBP 14 hours after I bought it at midnight on July 16. I was saddened, but not surprised by Dumbledore's death. I pretty much thought that it was something that would happen though. (I mean, think about it, Obi-Wan in Star Wars, Gandalf in Lord of the Rings... Harry can't have someone holding his hand through his confrontation w/ Voldemort). I don't know what to think about Snape. Is he evil? I don't know. It seems a little ambiguous to me. I'm going to reserve judgment on that until book 7 (when we hopefully find out why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much). I really liked book 6. It's weird though, to be reading new Harry Potter material. For so long I've just been rereading already established books so it's almost like the new developments aren't real... that's just me being crazy though. I like how the kids are growing up, esp the Ron/Hermione undertones and the Harry/Ginny relationship. I'm glad that wasn't the main focus, but it's good that she addressed it. I am a huge nerd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 pm 

This book was definately different from the other books, even so I think it's my favourite so far. It's alot darker and less PG. The next book isn't obviously going to be even more different then this book or the books before. I can't wait to see how JK pulls it off. However, this book did linger to long in some parts of the book which was a bit tedious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:57 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i think that snape and dumbledore have agreed on a setup just in case something like that happened. i dont think he is really dead. after all he was the only man voldamort ever feared so how could snape kill him? i think he might have a horax thingy. i dont know just guessing. he might pull a ganfolf and come back least expectantly. i loved the book and im shocked that harry and ginny get to gether only to brake up tear!