Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Have you ever been bothered by a problem or fear and solved it to your own satisfaction?

After reading a mystic philosopher's works when I was younger, I was bothered by the possibility that other people could get into my head and know my thoughts (with or without an invitation!).

I was lying on the beach one day and decided that if they were there, that's just the way it is and, though I don't have an invitation to do the same, that's life.

It hasn't ever bothered me since. I kind of observed people and decided it wasn't likely that others were any more endowed than I was with some unseen power...though I have no close friends who are mystic philosophers.

Oh, by the way, I had been reading Ouspensky and Gurdjieff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:06 pm 

Am I getting this straight since I am not familar with what you are talking about. These philosophers believe in people with "super powers" like reading your mind? It sounds a bit far fetched to me if I got it right. I know that people can "see" into your mind under invitation by hypnosis. This idea just reminds me of X-Men, and though I love X-Men, I don't buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:00 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Cervantez, I believe these men, a mystic teacher and student, seemed to reach a point where they could communicate mind to mind--just like superheros.

I believe that I must have fallen off the floor in order to let that influence me but at the time I was young and believed anything and everything. I still think anything is possible but haven't seen enough evidence to back up a few of the possibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:21 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Laughs. How rational. And I can talk through my feet.

-fish are quick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:47 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

FAQ, I guess that's me. Mystic scientist. Spiritual agnostic. If I knew what was out there, I could maybe figure out this whole "uniqueness of the person" thing.