Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:57 pm 

[color=blue][/color][size=18][/size]Has anybody else read all three books in the series The sisterhood of the traveling pants? I have and I loved them. My favorite person is Briget. I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks of the book! thanks!

me

P.s. did you know that they are making the books into a movie! what do you think about that?

Post subject: Who wrote them?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:21 pm 

Who wrote them and what are they about? They sound intersting. Pleas leave more information. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:04 pm 

Never heard of em. Care to give a summary about it? sounds funny. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:13 pm 

I haven't read them, but the movie made me cry! :mrgreen: Great movie, so I'll check out the books. Although, I liked Libby...I think that was her name..if not than whoops... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:44 pm 

I've read the first book and seen the movie. I thought it was pretty good. A clever idea anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

it wasn't libby. there wasn't a libby. lol. there was a lena and a bailey and a tibby.
i love the books. my little sisters, my mom, and me read them. my little sisters and i like them but mom reads them to make sure the little girls can read them. i've read the first and the second one.
i don't really like bridget. i would have to say my favorite character would have to be tibby (bailey, but she's gone now) and lena. but i see a lot of myself in carmen. when i read all she did to her mom and dad when they were dating people it reminded me of all the things i do and have done to all my mom's boyfriends. lol. however, the things i've done to them makes carmen look like a wonderful person. lol.
i know that the first one is already a movie. one of the only movies that i didn't mind that came from a book, but they got pretty close and i saw it before i read the book, i think that makes a difference. i didn't know that they were making the other books into movies though. cool, have to watch them and see if i like them or the book better.
i'm pretty sure the fourth one is out or coming out soon.
Ann Brashares worte them. and they're about four friends in the summer between school years. you have lena, who is the sweet, calm, together one (for the most part). tibby, the rebel and smartass and hardass. carmen, the opinionated, emotional, expressive one but she talks about things that most people let go of. i think that only reason that they know each other at all is that their moms were all in this aeriobics class together and were friends. then the mothers' friendship kinda died but by then the kids were best friends. so they had been friends since birth. the first book is the summer before junior year and the second is the summer before senior year, and so on.

if you like the sisterhood of the travelling pants then you'll probably like the ya-ya sisterhood. there are like three of those i think.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:51 pm 

that's a great book (s) I really enjoyed them. The movie was decent but it wasn't the best. Books to Movies can be very disappointing sometimes. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:30 pm 

i read the first and second and for some reason never kept reading. i really liked them tho. i thought that the movie was really good to. that is one of the exceptions where a movie is as good as the book. anyway i think that anyone can read these books cus pretty much everyone can relate to one of the characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:54 pm 

I read the first one, and liked it. I hated the movie because of the changes they made, but that always happens when I see a movie version of a book I liked. I never bothered to read any of the sequels, though.