Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Harry Potter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:07 pm 

:roll: Harry Potter ! The Wizard! The LEGEND! That swept millions of thier feet.. Well, what can you expect! Everybody is mad about HARRY! What is so special about the POTTER series that everyone just loves him..
In this section I will try to uncover facts and fiction regarding HARRY, ancient wizardry and everything from GOBLINS to WANDS..

Do submit your views here.. I shall regularly talk of WIZARDS here.. So stay tuned!!!!

:arrow:

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:08 pm 

I like Harry Potter. I have read all the books like three times each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:16 pm 

Hmmmm...it's crazy how people are going crazy about Harry Potter isn't it? I mean I enjoy these books, (actually I'm reading the 5th one right now.) but I'm not "crazy" over them. Why do people think these books are the greatest of all time? What do you people think....do you think they are the "best" books of all time? :?:

Post subject: harry potter
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:05 pm 

The Harry Potter books are plot driven, which makes them pleasing and enjoyable among all types of people. I happen to love them, but wouldn't call them great literature. I think the reason people are infatuated with them is that they are easy to read and easy to enjoy. It is like candy to the brain, you don't have to think about what is going on, just go along with the ride. The intense and complex plot, particularly in the later books, create excitement and anxiety in the reader. But like I said, it's like candy to the mind, that is why it's so popular, just like chocolate is to our tastebuds. It's just a great way for people to escape the harsh reality of their own lives, and experience the incredible fantastical stuff of Harry Potter's world of wizardry and wonder. Anyway, I think they are not the "best books of all time", but they are fun to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:27 pm 

I am a huge Harry Potter fan.
I really do not know why, I just like the books.
Some people like it because of the whole idea of magic, the above reply is quite true.
There's a lot to the the Harry Potter series, the mysteries especially, people just want more of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:05 pm 

I dont understand why everyone is so crazy about the books either. I mean, the books are really great. The movies are ok... I guess. But I think they have gone over board with the whole thing. 8O