Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Does anyone know?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:06 pm 

I am looking for a short story that is set in France, in which woman is being investigated because she has had more than one husband die and the inspector is suspicious of her. I think it turns out that she killed them (intentionally or not) with her high cholesterol cooking.

I don't know the name or the author. Is anyone familiar with this story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:05 am 

Sorry, never heard of the story, but it does sound kind of funny. If you find out the author or name could you please post it?

Post subject: would have....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:23 pm 

It would have taken her a while to kill them with high cholesterol cooking. would it not, is it at all possible should we all cook our own meals in case some one try's kill us.

wat thoughts and veiws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:44 am 

Quote:
The premise of Phillis Stevens' first novel, STEPWIVES (Crown, $18.95) - it's O.K. to murder your husband if the guy's a slob and you need the money - is enough to thin your blood. The comic scheme to assist the Santa Fe millionaire Mac Carpenter into an early grave is hatched when the first Mrs. Carpenter (who has become her former husband's housekeeper) persuades another penurious divorcee to become the second Mrs. Carpenter. Between her own high-cholesterol cooking, reasons Marilee, and Karen's bedroom duties, fat and greedy Mac will keel over with the heart attack he deserves.
~ Marilyn Stasio, "Crime," The New York Times, August 26, 1990
http://www.wordspy.com/words/stepwife.asp

Post subject: it's ok
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:11 am 

then man rights a novel that says it's ok to kill "slob" husbanes and the plot thickens with more twists and turns then a twisty and with a greedy man just likes to enjoy food. well mercy to people who enjoy food especially if your rich male and a slob with a scheming wife