Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:11 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The acronymn had been spelled out to me at one time but I may not be able to recall it with complete accuracy. I do remember part of it.

U
Revealed
Adventism
Now
Told
In
Anonymity

Unrevealed Adventism now told in anonymity

One question has surfaced in my mind more than once. If the papers were in fact legitimate then why didn't the writers deliver the papers to more than one individual? It would seem logical to me that they should deliver some of the papers to the Pope and some to other religous leaders in the world. The longer I contemplate the existence of the papers the more I tend to realize to that the mystery surrounding the origin of the papers is shrouded in secrecy.

If the papers were written by human writers then they were written at a time when the scientfic explanations were documented by science. Most of what is factual concerning the pre-historic era had already been documented. Was Darwin's theory of evoloution not already in print? The writers had a good tract of world history in which to fill in the holes with stuff they made up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:55 pm 

Hi again,

I know what you mean about the secrecy. I was a long time reader before I had heard about the origins and the later problems. I guess it is not as important as the things I read in it.

The origins, however are not so secret, anymore. There are many released documents, now, that weren't so important to the early readers. The Urantia Papers were not given to one person, it was given to a group of which Sadler was a sort of leader. They were very skeptical and not easily convinced about what was happening.

Also, the Revelation says it is not here to give any scientific information that had not already been discovered, though not well known, perhaps.

The Revelators says that they relied on human sources for much of the information they compiled and presented.

The main and only true message of the whole book is that we are sons of a living Heavenly Father and we are brothers in that sonship and through faith you can actually experience that relationship here on earth.

Thank you for your discourse.