Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Urantia
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:41 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Has anyone read the U-Book? I have read most of it. It is 2035 pages and weighs 4.3 pounds. (Heavy Reading)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:07 am 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

Woah, I sure hope its worth it.....

The longest book I've read was some psychology book, just over 1000 pages, and i didn't understand most of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:42 am 

http://www.urantia.org/detail.html#Titles
http://www.urantiabook.org/
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/~jkh8x/so ... /uran.html
http://www.ubook.org/upapers/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:17 am 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

Please, please tell me that you didn't read all of that!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:36 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I did not read "all" of the pages in the U-book. I scanned some and skipped a few. I did read all of Part 2 and Part 3. I began reading the U-book in the spring of 99. I also read parts of it again in 2000 and 2001. I am aquainted with only one other person who has read the book. Most people have never heard of it. Consequently, the book tends to appeal to critics and skeptics and the like. Most atheist have had exposure to the book but I do not profess to be a ape-theist or a agnostic. I have heard Christians criticize the book as being the work of the Devil but those who criticized it had not read a single page. It is believed that Dr. William Saddler and the Urantia Forum had this book written by anonyomous sources. It was published under the pretense of being divinely written. The papers were proported to have been delivered by alien beings (directly to Dr. Saddler.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:38 pm 

Hi Phantom Delta,

I have been reading the Urantia Book for 26 years. It is pretty incredible. I know many Christians criticize it but it is entirely Christian though it gives a good explanation of how all religions tie together and how everything works for the good.

The main message of the Urantia Book is the same that Jesus tried to teach by his life, that we are sons of a living Heavenly Father and we are brothers in that sonship and by faith we can actually experience this great and ennobling truth.

For all men, for all times.

It has nothing to do with aliens by the way, though some equate celestial beings as alien, I do not think the ones who gave us this Book consider themselves, alien, in the sense that most of the world views as, alien.

Are you still reading it?

Peace, Evangeline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It is nice to discuss the U-book but the occasion seldom if ever comes up. There is much of the U-book than I can accept by contrast to the KJV. The Great Flood is explained in less detail that I would like but Noah was written off as an obsessive but well meaning, geezer. The flood was said to be a regional flood and there is some geological data to support this. The U-book said there was never a "world wide" flood since the evoloution of modern man.

In one part of the book the life observers explained reincarnation. In another part, prior to the arrival of the Dalmation 100, the life observers explained that the celestial beings who were chosen for the Urantia project were somehow transformed in order to fly the millions of light years by way of a transport vessel. The transport vessel was not described in any detail but it gives one the impression it was much like a UFO. Once they arrived on Urantia they were transformed again and then cloned into human forms. They lived hundreds and hundreds of years but had to take this serum in order to prevent normal aging.

Post subject: Urantia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:05 am 

Hi,

It was a long time before I found people to share this book with; now there are several message boards discussing it. I post on beamsdoorway's forum, UbronMAX. UBRON is popular. I read there but I don't post there.

I was raised Roman Catholic and I like the KJV. I don't think that Noah was portrayed as a selfish old geezer in the Urantia Book, but I will reread.

>>>>In one part of the book the life observers explained reincarnation.

The Urantia Book does not in any way support reincarnation, in fact it says that India is in abject poverty due to this false teaching.

>>>>In another part, prior to the arrival of the Dalmation 100,

The Dalamatia Staff of One Hundred, yes

>>>the life observers explained that the celestial beings who were chosen for the Urantia project were somehow transformed in order to fly the millions of light years by way of a transport vessel. The transport vessel was not described in any detail but it gives one the impression it was much like a UFO.

I don't believe it was a transport vessl. I think we only travel as spirits, and we travel on the back of a transport angel. That's my understanding.

>>>>Once they arrived on Urantia they were transformed again and then cloned into human forms.

No, the celestial beings that came here were not cloned into humans. The celestial beings that came here created the immortal, council of ten and staff of one hundred, using the Andonic strain of DNA, the first race of evolutionary man.

>>>>They lived hundreds and hundreds of years but had to take this serum in order to prevent normal aging.

No, they did not take a serum, they ate from the fruit of the Tree of Life, which is a celestial plant that is no longer here.

Glad to discourse, do you have the book? Do you still read it?
A good site is www.urantia.org

Best wishes, also went to your poetry thread, beautiful. I write poetry and may post some, soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:12 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

These one hundred rematerialized members of the Prince's staff were chosen by Caligastia from over 785,000 ascendant citizens of Jerusem who volunteered for embarkation on the Urantia adventure. Each one of the chosen one hundred was from a different planet, and none of them were from Urantia.

These Jerusemite volunteers were brought by seraphic transport direct from the system capital to Urantia, and upon arrival they were held enseraphimed until they could be provided with personality forms of the dual nature of special planetary service, literal bodies consisting of flesh and blood but also attuned to the life circuits of the system

Excerpt from Paper 66

This is one of the parts that I was referencing concerning the transport vessel. They were brought by seraphic transport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:33 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

3. The Caligastia one hundred were personally immortal, or undying. There circulated through their material forms the antidotal complements of the life currents of the system; and had they not lost contact with the life circuits through rebellion, they would have lived on indefinitely until the arrival of a subsequent Son of God, or until their sometime later release to resume the interrupted journey to Havona and Paradise.

These antidotal complements of the Satania life currents were derived from the fruit of the tree of life, a shrub of Edentia which was sent to Urantia by the Most Highs of Norlatiadek at the time of Caligastia's arrival. In the days of Dalamatia this tree grew in the central courtyard of the temple of the unseen Father, and it was the fruit of the tree of life that enabled the material and otherwise mortal beings of the Prince's staff to live on indefinitely as long as they had access to it.

http://www.urantia.org/papers/paper66.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:25 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Am I still reading the U-Book? Not at the present. I had almost embraced the teachings as a divine revelation when a friend of mine had showed me an overwhelming amount of writings that attempted to disprove the book and discredit the sources. Urantia is billed to be a "revelation of Epochal significance." Dr. Saddler was the man who had claimed that the Urantia papers had been delivered to him over a number of years by "an anonymous source." Saddler was a Psychiatrist at a mental hosptial. He dealt with mentally disturbed people on a daily basis. He was also a former Adventist. The Urantia Forum was organized to discuss the Urantia Papers. ( L. Ron Hubbard was on the Urantia Fourm panel.) Harvey Kellog was also close to Dr. Saddler. I now view the writings with a skeptical eye.

The Urantia papers were written over a number of years. Though Saddler was no longer an Adventist, much of the gist of the latter part of the book appears to be written or tilted toward Saddler's views or influence. Saddler was also a vegetarian. If the Urantia book had been delivered as a completed book rather than a series of papers it would be more credible. The fact that it was written over a number of years indicates that it was being written in stages (probably by a team of writers including L. Ron Hubbard). Hubbard was quoted as saying (and this may not be completely accurate), "if you want to get rich then start your own religion."

When I read it, I read it as literature. Many of the explanations are credible.

Last edited by Phantom_Delta on Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Paper 39
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:31 pm 

Hi again,

In Paper 39, at the end of page 430, you can read about seraphic transport. Some who read The Urantia Book, believe that it describes spaceships but that is not my understanding.

((o))

Quote:
The process of being enseraphimed is not unlike the experience of death or sleep except that there is an automatic time element in the transit slumber. You are consciously unconscious during seraphic rest. But the Thought Adjuster is wholly and fully conscious, in fact, exceptionally efficient since you are unable to oppose, resist, or otherwise hinder creative and transforming work.

When enseraphimed, you go to sleep for a specified time, and you will awake at the designated moment. The length of a journey when in transit sleep is immaterial. You are not directly aware of the passing of time. It is as if you went to sleep on a transport vehicle in one city and, after resting in peaceful slumber all night, awakened in another and distant metropolis. You journeyed while you slumbered. And so you take flight through space, enseraphimed, while you rest--sleep. The transit sleep is induced by the liaison between the Adjusters and the seraphic transporters.

The angels cannot transport combustion bodies--flesh and blood--such as you now have, but they can transport all others, from the lowest morontia to the higher spirit forms. They do not function in the event of natural death. When you finish your earthly career, your body remains on this planet.

((o))

There is mystery and controversy around the origin and present day Urantia phenomenon, as there was when Jesus lived on earth.

Even if it is not true, it contains many lessons and truths important to mankind. I first read it like a novel or sci-fi. It is life-affirming and life-transforming. I can tell you that.

There are many websites and books about the many aspects of the last fifty years or so about Urantia.

In search of truth,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

There are numerous parts of the U-Book that are in direct contradiction of the KJV. The U-book insist that the literal Hell does not exist. There U-book makes many refrences to biblical writings but the bible or KJV does not mention the word Urantia. Urantia is supposedly the celestial name for the planet earth. It would seem logical to me that if the U-book had been foreseen to be exposed in our era then there would be some reference to it somewhere in the bible. Some of the more astute skeptics insist that the word is fabricated to form an acronym.

Last edited by Phantom_Delta on Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: acronym
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:13 pm 

An acrynom-mmmm I wonder what it could stand for.

Universal Revelation A N T I A??????

Did they have an idea what it might stand for???