Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: spring break quotes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:27 pm 

Hi! I'm going to Arizona for my spring break (wooHoo no more freezing illinois weather! :D ) and I was just wondering if anyone had any good quotes on Arizona or warm weather or spring break or anything in that general area.
Thanks
~Sqrl~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:48 am 

I got this from another forum but i thought it was worth mentioning since it goes hand in hand with spring break. "If your not wasted the day is"

Each atom of that stone, each mineral flake of that night-filled mountain, in itself forms a world. The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy. -Albet Camus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

School days , school days, dear old golden rule days ...

I wish I could find an appropriate quote but I can not.

During my first spring break (between winter quarter and spring quarter of 1976) I went backpacking on the Fort Henry Trail at Land Between the Lakes, My brother went with me and the trip is documented in my camping journal and a photo album. We cooked Mountain House freeze dried food and enjoyed catching many plump fish. :)

During the spring of 1977 I returned to the Fort Henry Trail to hike and camp for three days. Two of my best friends went with me. We caught rain and thunder storms and had to weener off the trail. We went to Paris, Tennessee, to eat at a Pizza Hut and hole up in a cheap motel. :P

During the spring of 1978 I went hiking/backpacking on the Tennessee Forrest Trail at Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park. My Dad and one of my best friends went with me. We ate beans straight out of the can and slept on the ground. :roll:

During the spring of 1979 I went hiking/backpacking on the Red Leaves Trail at Natchez Trace State park. This was a solo trip and I had nocturnal visitors during the night. (Owls, skunks and drunks)

In 2003 I will celebrate the vernal equinox by hosting an annual party here at Camp Juniper. Some of us will be camping. Friends and family will be visiting. We will have food and fun all day long on 3-22-03. 8)