Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: New quote
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:58 pm 

"There are the good things in life, then there are the bad.. People always look back and try to remember the good things, but there is bad looking right back at them " - Bracken A. Sallin

Does this sound familiar ?

MOOO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:58 pm 

I like the quote, interesting. It looks like it's all yours.
Here's a webpage that has some quotes in somewhat the same vane:

"If the past has taught us anything is is that every cause brings its effect, every action has a consequence. The Chinese have a saying, "If a man plants melon seeds, he will reap melons. If he sows the seed from beans' he will reap beans." And this is true of everyone's life - good begets good, and evil leads to evil. True enough, the sun shines on the saint and the sinner alike, and too often it seems that the wicked prosper. But we can say with certainty that with the individual as with the nation, the flourishing of the wicked is an illusion. For unceasingly, life keeps books on us all. In the end, we are all the sum total of our actions. Character cannot be forfeited nor can it be put on and cast off as if if were a garment to meet the whim of the moment. Like the markings on wood, which are ingrained in the very heart of the tree, character requires time and nurturing for growth and development. Thus also, day by day, we write our own destiny, for inexorably, like the rings on a tree, we become what we do."
~no author cited

When people look back upon their lives, they ask
three questions that determine their sense of whether it was meaningful:
Did I give and receive love?
Did I become all I can be?
Did I leave the planet a little better?
~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, On Death and Dying

Time is that inexplicable raw material of everything. With it all is possible. Without it, nothing. The supply of time is truly a daily miracle - an affair genuinely astonishing when one examines it.
You wake up in the morning, and lo! Your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours of the un-manufactured tissue of the universe of your life. It is yours. It is the most precious of possessions… no-one can take it from you. It is unstealable. And no-one receives either more or less than you receive.
In the realm of time, there is no aristocracy of intellect. Genius is never rewarded by even an extra hour a day. And there is no punishment. Waste your infinitely precious commodity as much as you will and the supply will never be withheld from you.
Moreover, you cannot draw on the future. Impossible to get into debt! You can only waste the passing moment. You cannot waste tomorrow; it is kept for you.
I have said the affair is a miracle, is it not? You have this twenty-four hours of daily time to live. Out of it you want to spin health, pleasure, money, contentment, respect and the evolution of your immortal soul.
Its right use, its most effective use is a matter of the highest urgency and of the most thrilling actuality. All depends on that. Your happiness – the elusive prize that you are all clutching for, my friend – depends on that.
If one cannot arrange that an income of twenty-four hours shall exactly cover all proper items of expenditure, one does muddle one’s whole life indefinitely.
We shall never have any more time. We have, and have always had, all the time there is.
~ Arnold Bennet
http://www.designbusinessengineering.com/quotations.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The quotes you were sharing reminded me of a very simple but true quote " The grass is always greener on the other side, but when you get there you find that it's really astroturf."