Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:58 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

:cry: Help!!!! Can Any One Identify This Quote? "Sprinkle on the fairy dust to create more Bandwith" :? If you can help that would be AWESOME!!! thank you

Rogue insomniac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Ok guys I'm Dying over here I need Your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do or don't know any thing concerning this quote tell me or if you just think that it is some thing that my other half made up tell me please :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:47 am 

PMPO (Peak Music Power Output). There's no technical definition I can find for this, but it appears to be marketing speak for: "Let's find any excuse we can to advertise more watts"! So we use the peak power rating mentioned above (a fictional double of the RMS power), usually a stereo system, so double again, then sprinkle the fairy dust. There are suggestions that because some music played on these systems is highly percussive (such as techno), that the system can deliver much more power to handle these peaks for very short times. This mutiplies the figure yet again by some arbitrary figure, but more importantly, it's very relevant to guitar amplifiers.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/amppower.htm

Said Eddie Robison, "Our deadline, coupled with a massive number of shots, presented very specific challenges on this project. Our approach to the overall look was a sort of stylized version of reality, rather than absolute photo-realism. We used a lot of dramatic camera moves, and some flashy tricks I've learned over the years, to really sprinkle on the 'fairy dust' and bring this animated story to life!'"
http://www.filmandvideomagazine.com/200 ... fx0214.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Thanks :!: that really helps-alot! If you find anything else keep me posted. I keep searching for something again Thanks!