Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Depressed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:02 pm 

I was just betrayed by 3 of my ex best friends.. they were not really my friends at all; i need a quote to help me cope... please anyone help..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:33 am 

hey there..here are some quotes..not sure if they really relate..but hopefully will help a little!

"Love is whatever you can still betray...Betrayal can only happen if you love"
-John LeCarre (1931 - ____) English novelist
"A Perfect Spy," 1986

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."
-Buddha

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow grow, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
-George Washington

"True friends stab you in the front."
-Oscar Wilde

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:51 pm 

These quotes were really good, I was gonna post asking the same question. One of my good friends just recently stabbed me in the back, so I know how you feel. I really liked the quote by Buddah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:15 pm 

Well, a lot of us prolly know this one because it's been going around in an E-mail forward. It's really for a boyfriend or whatever, but it applies a lot to friends, too.

No man is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry.

Anyway, my point is, if they're like that, you didn't need them anyway! It may seem depressing at first, but you'll find you're really a lot better off without them. My philosophy is, I know how I am, and how I act. I'm very arugmentative and pointed and opinionated. Therefore, I know not everyone is going to like me, and I can deal with that. Just think, if they're going to turn on you, just accept that you're who you are and you can deal with them acting like jerks. Is this making sense?

Master of all things unknown

Sanity if for boring people

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is best. ~Frank Zappa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is best. ~Frank Zappa

I wonder if Keats and Zappa are arguing the "beauty is/ain't truth" point somewhere.

I am a moron and this is my wife
She's frosting a cake with a paper knife
All that we got here's American made
It's a little bit cheesy but it's nicely displayed

— Bill Mauldin