Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

people are strange.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:47 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Freedom isn't free because you have to take it for yourself. Nobody is going to offer it to you on a silver platter. The powerful like you better in chains.
Whether you take it by force or by peaceful means is of no importance. You will pay the price either way. But you will never be born free.

che

Post subject: 2 freedoms
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:25 pm 

There are two freedoms: Freedom of the Mind, Freedom of the Body. Our physical freedom is imposed by our country, and we must continue our stand to protect it and ensure everyone else's freedom as well. Freedom of the Mind is self imposed, and we limit ourselves each day by constraining our thoughts to imperfect events and qualitites. Let your mind go, and find the freedom that always has been there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

welcome, first of all.
does anyone else find the word choice a little strange in that "Our physical freedom is imposed"?

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:12 am 

SO, WE NEED TO FIGHT TO STOP FROM BEING PUT IN RESTRAINTS? BECUASE PHYSICAL FREEDOM WOULD BE MOVEMENT...RIGHT? I KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU MEAN BUT I AM NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT YOU DID MEAN.

Post subject: Freedom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:59 pm 

If freedom cannot be given how can I now possess it?
Inside every person is a longing to be free. I think America and other free nations should do what is possible to extend that blessing of freedom to others. Whether or not you believe freesom is given, you should be able to see that it is to easily taken away. Look at China where freedom of speech is very limited. Yahoo (according to todays news) even helps the Chinese government track down people who post opposing viewpoints online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:18 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

and guess what, its doing it in america on too. one of the only search engines that doesn't give the government searches made on a computer is google and they're taking it to court to keep from having to do it. got to love the google.
i was talking about the idea of freedom being forced/imposed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:28 pm 

Not that I agree with communism or for that matter any peticular organization or government but, how do we know that those countries are worse than ours? I've personally never been to a communist country or for that matter met a communist that says hey your country is so free. I love this country and I love being here and will defend my home from others but I don't know if I am truly free here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:44 am 

Your sense of personal freedom depends entirely on your perceived relationship to the people who rule you. America is an independent country, but if you grow to feel more pride in your distinction as a New Yorker than as an American, then you will lose your sense of freedom.

You will ask why New York can’t have its independence. This example can be seen strongly in the Balkans, around the time of the fall of the Ottoman Empire. When people first began to call themselves Serb, or Bosnian etc, and thus wanted to be ruled only by others of the same ' nationality'.

Last edited by young fool on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:43 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Baltic? You don't know what you're talking about.

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:09 pm 

I'm from romania, I lived the revolution in 1989, when ceausescu was leader. We didn't had freedom till then, from then we start to have freedom, but not fullfreedom, nobody in this world will have 100% freedom. Nothing it's free, why freedom would be diferent? Everybody is controled by somebody or something, directly or indirectly.

After all, depends, what the word freedom it means to me, to you and to the rest. Think what the word freedom means to you and you will know if your freedom it's free or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:25 am 

cheGuevara wrote:
Baltic? You don't know what you're talking about.

che

Lol sorry. corrected

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 pm 

Come on. Everybody knows that freedom costs a buck O' five.
"Freedom isn't free. No there's a hefty f***in' fee. And if you don't throw in your buck o' five, who will? ooooh buck o' five. Freedom costs a buck o' five!" - Line from Team America Sound Track

Post subject: freedom????????
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 pm 

sometimes freedom is good, but sometimes freedom can give more bad things to us..this is because, when we are in comfort zone, we forgot to things about the important things in our live... but, one more things, freedom will make us free in doing anything that we want to do..........
tq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 pm 

freedom is never free because the world needs balance. in order to be free you need slavery or rebellion. slavery or rebellion always comes before freedom because those who are in slavery dream of freedom, the ones who are free do not think about being free. But the leap to freedom always comes with a price, usually that price is more than one life for many people who want freedom. That is why there is no utopia on earth because without chaos their is no freedom, without chaos their is no choice and without chaos their is no life or death.