Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:16 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hola papi-
Oh my! You sound so upset...i'm terribly sorry for whatever is going wrong...I've already mentioned on these threads that I am not good at the love stuff...I can use this opportunity to add that I am not terribly good at the sort of maternal advice...but I will do my best...

All I can say is, it really can only get better...Just try to put things in perspective...Love's a heifer (you know what I wanted to say...I can't curse here) but if there is anything I have learned in my old age :wink: it is that if it is not working out, there is probably a good reason...cut your losses and move on (obviously, I have extremely over-simplified the situation because I have no details, but that seems to be my rule of thumb...keep in mind, though, that personally, when it comes to a flight or fight response, I will flee 99% of the time...and how!)...

Your graduate grades can be fixed, but are reliant on your mental health...your mental health can be salvaged just by trying to keep as positive as possible...Get some bluegrass music...I can almost guarantee that all of your woes will pale by comparison to some of the sad, sad stories they tell :)

I don't mean to make a joke of your situation...that's just how I deal...but seriously, just stay positive...things have a way of working out for the better, even if you have to go through a lot of hardships.

I dunno...hope that helps...

-Vocal stylings of Strongbad

Post subject: Helpfulness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:38 pm 

I kind of know what you are talking about and when I get into those moods...I just remember..."They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself"...I don't know if this will help you with your problems but I hope it will.

It sounds to me like you need a friend you can lean on or someone you can talk too...can you think of no one...Feeling down doesn't really help and it brings other people around you down also. Talk it out with someone...there must be someone out there who will listen to what your problems are and help you through them.

One time I thought I was all alone in the world and that no one had time enough to fit my problems into theirs. When it finally became too much, my friend noticed something wrong. After we talked for hours we figured out that we had some similar problems and that we could be there for each other...I know now that someone always cares and there IS someone I can talk to in this world.

I hope I have been helpful to you...