Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Mafia Quotes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:04 pm 

8) Hey there everyone! Man I haven't been on this site for a looooonnnggg time. I used to come on under keyser_soze every day, but anyway, does anyone know any good quotes about the Mafia, or by and Mafia members (ie Capone, Gotti, etc)? I'm writing a paper on the mafia and it would really help. Thx :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:19 am 

Welcome back.

Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year. This is quite a profitable sum, especially when one consider that the Mafia spends very little for office supplies.
~Woody Allen

If you're a young Mafia gangster out on your first date, I bet it's real embarrassing if someone tries to kill you.
~Jack Handy

Meadow: Are you in the Mafia?
Tony: I'm in the waste management business. Everybody immediately assumes you're mobbed up. It's a stereotype, and it's offensive. There is no Mafia.
"I'm like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to sh*t."
- Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) THE SOPRANOS

Richard: Ask any American to describe an Italian-American in this country, invariably he's going to reference "The Godfather," "Goodfellas..."
Jason: Good movies.
Richard: ...And the rest are going to say 'pizza.'
Jason: Good movies to eat pizza by.
~The Sopranos

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF..... You think that Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.

Capone quotes
Al Capone (1899-1947) Chicago mob boss.
This is virgin territory for whorehouses.
~Re: suburban Chicago, The Bootleggers (Kenneth Allsop), Ch.16~
I don't even know what street Canada is on.
~Attrib. Dinner party Apr. 1929~
I've been accused of every death except the casualty list of the World War.
~The Bootleggers (Kenneth Allsop), Ch.11~
They can't collect legal taxes from illegal money.
~Capone (J. Kobler), Ch.9~
They don't call that guy "Bugs" for nothin'!
~Re: Rival gangster Bugs Morran, Feb 14, 1929 (The St. Valentines Day Massacre)~

Willie Sutton robbed banks. When asked why, he replied: "Because that's where the money is". Sutton's ingenuity in executing robberies in various disguises earned him the nicknames "The Actor" and "Slick Willie". He escaped from prison in 1932 and 1947. His name was added to the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives in 1950. Sutton was captured in 1952 and sent back to prison to complete his one life sentence plus 105 years. Due to ill health, he was released from Attica in 1969. Sutton died in 1980 at the age of 79.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Welcome back, keyser. Where've you been?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:19 pm 

wow, thanks a lot. Those quotes are great!!! :) Lets see Luna, I've been all over the place. I got a job (finally) so thats taken up a lot of my time, but I'm back!! I think I was gone too long though, because my keyser_soze username isn't working anymoe :( O well, I like this one too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:36 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Maybe mgm can fix it so your keyser_soze username will work? carmyn corleone is pretty cool, too, but I miss k_s.

Congrats on getting a job -- they do tend to take up one's time, don't they?

Don't stay away so long again. As you might have noticed, the forum has become quite a lively place. Since I've only been home a day or two in over two months, I've barely been able to keep up, but when I get a chance to check in, I notice several new members who come and stay a while. It's great.

So, in your quest for mafia quotations, this one might interest you. It prefaces Mario Puzo's The Godfather: "Behind every great fortune there is a crime." -- Balzac.

(I'm quoting that from memory, so it may be a hair off -- if so, I know thenostromo will come to my rescue.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:57 pm 

Yeah, I did notice that the forum got really busy, its nice to see. Ooh, if MGM could fix k_s that would be so awesome!!!! :lol: I really love all these quotes, u guys are so awesome to be able find these things, or like you Luna be able to remember them off the top of your head. Wow, I bow to the masters!!!