Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Locke Quotes
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:05 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I once heard a friend quote Locke. It was a quote about intention, one that was in my point of view, quite brilliant. I have a very big occasion coming up, and that one quote would be something that is useful in my preperation and my ability to survive my coming tribulations. So, if there is anyone who knows any quotes about intention from Locke, or any quotes that have been insperational and gotten you through a struggle, please tell me. Thank you.

Yin Yang Searcher

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:31 pm 

"Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature: these are the spur and reins whereby all mankind are set on work, and guided."
~Locke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:58 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

OK, here I sorted out things for you:

Quote:
"Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature: these are the spur and reins whereby all mankind are set on work, and guided."

~John Locke, English philosopher who made great contributions in studies of politics, government and psychology; 1632-1704

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:34 am 
Enigma
Enigma

sorry you guys. I was asking about John Locke, English Philosipher. I actually was unaware of the other Lockes that existed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.