Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:11 am 

lol classic man tis just like the quote
"If you don't risk anything you risk even more."
Erica Jong

tis so tru specially to do with chicks. i dont get it how they have the whole fem movement and yet "they" still think that we should make the moves.
(and b4 "you" start arguing generalisation i know but it is still true that most women think the man should make the first move)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:33 am 

tickets, girls that generally are more conservative in nature, ie not the ones that actively participate in feminist protects, demand that the male make the first move.

...We're realli not that complicated a species...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:03 am 
Enigma
Enigma

No, as much as I would hate to admit it, us men are quite simple by nature. Women have us figured out, but no matter how hard we try, there are some things that just will never make sense...

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:08 pm 

Well thats because us women don't like to be simple. I know I don't. You do get those women that like simplicity though, but those kind of women are just not fun to have as friends on my part. They don't know the meaning of fun or being a kid at heart. This is just an observation from some of the simple females I have met. I am not labeling anyone in particular. I state this now, so as not to offend anyone.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:10 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I know what you mean, Raven. It is funny that us guys complain about how complitcated women are, even though there are plenty of simple women in the world, we just decide to make the complicated ones a part of our life. I wonder what it is about complicated women that makes them so... desireable.

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:27 am 

Women that are complicated have a mysteriousness that surrounds them. They give you a sense of adventure, making life more fun and spontaineous. Men have a tendancy to be attracted to the wild, dangerous sort of women. Unless your a simple man who wants a simple woman, most men like the challenge and all of the above.

This is just what I have witnessed throughout my life.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:40 pm 

I just barley read this whole thing. I don't know whether to laugh until I lose bladder control or to yell at you. First I want to tell a joke that I found funny. Why has there never been a women President? Because we would go to war every 28 days. Now to continue on a more serious note. Saying that all men are pigs in possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. For one thing there is always exceptions. The exception might be the pig or the prince. Either way ALL is not the brightest thing to say. A good portion of women are just as bad as men.

Another problem is that some of you just make bad choices. Not all of you but some. At every age it seems that people fail to learn from there first failures. He cheated on you once but he changed(I am being very, VERY sarcastic here if you didn't notice). There are just certain people that you would think would be bad choices of people to date. Women often like the bad boys. The rebels that "my mother would just hate (I am taking this one home)!" I don't think this is the guy that will give you the respect you feel you deserve.

I am not saying that all men are perfect. I am just frustrated that approaching the problem the way you seem to be approaching it is part of the problem. This way of appraoching it is believing that you are completly in the right. Yes, at times men are simply tools of our hormones (one of the downsides of evolution); yes, men are capable of making mistakes; yes, OJ did it but did you ever stop to think you are wrong. Maybe you go through it and your first assumption happened to be correct but atleast you didn't make a mistake that could have left you without a great companion.

Also the respectable man is not going to want to go out with the women that rags on men constantly. Those men that do go out with the "man-haters" have no real reason to respect there hateful companions. It only seems that if women are equal to men that they should be help to equal standards. I don't mind jokes since jokes are not intended to hurt feelings but to make someone laugh. The time I see the problem is when we, men, are being ragged on out of irrational spite. I don't feel offended when people don't like me or a class I fall into (being male in this case). What I do mind is when they are doing this in a manner that is far from logical. Just think about what you are saying is all I ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:58 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I have to say, Cervantes, I believe that the people who are posting in this forum have gotten much better from their prior man-bashing thoughtless ranting that started this forum. And we men do deserve it at times, but no more than the women deserve it. No one is perfect. Take my last relationship for example. The young lady and I dated for a short time, due to the fact that I found out that she had been cheating on me with her ex over the entire course of our relationship. The same has happened to several women by men. Women can be just as bad sometimes, but I don't think either sex deserves any generalization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:25 pm 

Cervantes,
Perhaps you have finally done what I have been trying to do in this forum. Bravo! :D

I found it funny how this whole forum took a huge leap from one extent to the other, and yes it is very funny. The first time I read this forum, I must have laughed myself silly. Not because of the man bashing that was going on, but for the reason that it sounded just utterly rediculous. :lol:

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:04 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hah! I've found a 4 year old post!

~Albert Einstein

Post subject: Indubidabely!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:30 pm 

I guess that wraps of this forum. I'm glad It ended on such a reasonable note by the time I got to it :).
I have to say whether a you're a man or woman we're all human and in the words of a great man, 'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' -Albert Einstein.
That pretty much sums it up.

Post subject: men are pigs??
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:00 pm 

Since I am inclined to agree with you that men are pigs, and male pigs can only have female pigs for mates, then you also stand a high chance of being a pig of the other gender. This is zero logic and so let pigs be!