Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:47 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hmm they aren't harsh, at least I didn't intend them to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:54 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Sorry but somone says that their boyfriend cheated on them and you say well it might be your fault. Sounds a little harsh to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I just pointed out that not in all cases the men are to blame. That's why there shouldn't be a topic 'men are pigs' here just because someone cheated on someone. I wanted to show both sides of this problem, not only one side. That's all. I never wanted to hurt anyone. Sorry if I did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:07 am 

Life is a foreign language; all men mispronounce it.
Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:15 am 

All i can say is that many men are, like this thread says, 'pigs'. Scientifically, men are inferior than women. This has been proven. For example:

-Men are more likely to suffer from brain diseases.
-Men are more likely to suffer heart problems.
-Men have a smaller life expectancy than women.
-Generally, girls do better than boys at studying and exams.
-Women do not need men to carry on with the species (They can do it now with DNA).

However, i'm not saying that women are suddenly much better than men at everything. I'm trying to simply point out for those who are more conservative, to rethink their thoughts on women.
I believe there are more facts which i could have mentioned before stating some more advantages that generally women have, however i didn't mention them for the simple reason that l probably forgot :P.
Anyway, i'm a strong advocate of equality, so don't think i'm saying women are far more better than men or anything. I repeat, i am simply stating a few things to convince conservatives that women are as valauble as men are in society.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:32 pm 

:mrgreen:
Quote:
Men are more likely to suffer from brain diseases.
-Men are more likely to suffer heart problems.
-Men have a smaller life expectancy than women.
-Generally, girls do better than boys at studying and exams.

Sorry fellas thats the price you pay for living with women

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You guys made my day bad now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:31 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

@ Herman
Nice highly selective list there, For every point I can think of at least two showing the opposite. However the one that I'm going to tackle the last one.
Whilst thee is some truth in it the species as a whole would not last long anything that reduces the mixing of genes is damaging to our species but this is one of the most dangerous as it leads to an abnormally high number of genetic problems such as increased number of people with numerous DNA's current value is around 1% of females. This effect who be damaging as it became more common most simulations give us around 10 generations before we get seriously damaged by it. This assumes an all female population

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:46 pm 

I agree with the points presented about the scientifc advantages a woman possesses as compared to a male, but that sed i think our genetic make-up (that of a male and female) is interdependent on the existence of the other sex. U may argue that women no longer REQUIRE men to reproduce because procedures such as IVF now exist and that more and more individuals are becoming homosexuals, ie demonstrating their love for their OWN sex, but i wud still argue, males and females require one another for a successful existence. One important reason for that is the difference in intrinsic traits between a male and a female. For example, a male is more able to deal with heavy-duty work as they are biologically more capable in handling such matters. While a female is more capable, for the same reason, at nurturing children. I think society needs a balance of both males and females for a successful existence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:47 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Yes. To put it bluntly, we would be screwed without each other. :( And, I can't say I would enjoy a society of all men...

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:36 pm 

It never ends does it. Well at least we're not entirely bashing men here in this forum anymore. Figured I wouldn't make any comments for a while, because I thought that would be safer.

Can anyone fathom the idea of being born in a world where only one gender exists? I know that I can't fathom that. It would be a lonely life not having a companion.

I'm thinking of a quote said by someone in the movie Jurasic Park. It was said by the older blonde chick while she was talking to Ian in the Jeep. It went somehing like:

Dinosaur eats man, woman inherits the Earth.

Does anyone know the full quote, or is that the full quote?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:53 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

One of my friends just went on a leadership thing (for the girls brigade) anyway given that most of the girls on the course didn't seem to like taking a leadership role in anything the first thing they were shown was a summary of some research called "On the nature of the male myth that there is a diffrence between the genders" as this was written by a woman I and my friend think it rather defeats itself.
EDIT:
A similar thing did appear in The New Scientist a while back but that was written by a man so didn't quite destroy itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:09 pm 

None of the girls wanted to take part in leadership? I guess I must be considerable odd, if I were them I would have been taking on the whole lot.
You would think that girls would like the idea of leadership for the reason that men are usually the leaders in a situation. That they would have the chance to lead, and not do it, seems to be odd.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:47 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Nahwatah Ravenheart, I can say that not being able to do something is infinitely better than being able to do it and not doing it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:02 pm 

RiMMER,
Alright...Mr. Riddles :wink:

Raven

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next