Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Success?!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:00 am 

If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z, with X being work, Y play, and Z keeping your mouth shut.” A.Einstein

I always was interested in success and being successful, this quote is quite interesting but understanding it is a bit harder :) So lets consider that work and keeping your mouth shut is clear and understandable, but what about play?!

I mean if you work ~90% of your time and 100% of your time you keep your mouth shut(atleast about the most important things in your work) you will be successful but play...
what exactly play means? relaxing or being happy and feeling joy when you work(or feeling joy when you don't tell others about your work).
For some reason play associates to me with Passion for what you do!

What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:42 am 

I think he meant chance by using the word play. In the end of the day you're either lucky or not. Hard work certainly brings you somewhere, but from then on it's pure luck. Funny... Still can't figure out why did he use the Z.... He meant that sharing with others harms your chances for success maybe. Sounds pretty egoistic to me. However in the end life is an egoist. So I suppose I can't blame him...