Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: braking heart
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 pm 

Im in Love with a Man that was hurt by another woman.I think he now hates all females.Ive been with him for two years now and only want to mend his broken heart.He feels he has to be in control of everything and not let me know how he feels about me even though he says he Loves me.He will not let me know his feelings.I have wated two years for things to get better and is only getting worse.i dont know if i can let go. how can i help him or should i stop hurting myself for him???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I had this same incident, only it was my spouse who was harmed, men had treated her very badly throughout her life, and when I came to her, she was quite reluctant to even speak to me, let alone let me touch her. But slowly, just through small gestures, as time passed, she started to come around, and now we are very happy together after 5 years. It may seem like things are getting worse, it can be fixed. Do something that will really affect him to maybe lean him toward at least telling you a little bit, some proof that you won't harm him whatsoever. I personally had a fear like this for a few years, as a woman had constantly ripped my heart out over and over, but eventually I realized not everyone is bad... How many small gestures have you done to show that its ok for him to tell you anything?

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein