It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:40 pm 

i want everyone who views this to read what is in this link

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =511210173

post what you think. or add me as a friend

Post subject: Breakdown of a Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm 

Wow that is very interesting information. I don't know if the solar system will line up to cause another big bang but how can this earth survive when man keeps hauling oil and gas out it and allowing the emmissions to fly into the atmosphere. It may not be 2012 but it is just a matter of time. Certainly much food for thought in your article. I personally think we're all doomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 pm 

Check out these cheerful thoughts:

Nothing in the entire universe ever perishes, believe me, but things vary, and adopt a new form. The phrase "being born" is used for beginning to be something different from what one was before, while "dying" means ceasing to be the same. Though this thing may pass into that, and that into this, yet the sums of things remains unchanged.
-Ovid, Metamorphoses

I would like to suggest that the history of science is the history of an enlarging understanding of the universe, its evolution, its history, and its structure. We have engaged the universe at the very limits of our capacity. We have explored the world of the microcosm and the world of the macrocosm. We have found at both extremes incredible complexity.
The universe, beginning from an unimaginably hot and dense singularity, evolved through a series of stages, each producing the condition necessary for the succeeding stage. Our sun, our solar system, our planet, our own beings are all late stages of this evolving universe.
The insights of cosmology and theoretical astronomy have served to tie us ever more tightly into the emerging story of the universe itself.
The history of the universe is our history. We emerged from the same vast processes that created galaxies and suns and stars and planets. We are all of us recycled stardust.
-David E. Bumbaugh, [condensed from "Toward a Humanist Vocabulary of Reverence" published in Religious Humanism, vol.xxxv 2001]

The stars begin to fade like guttering candles and are snuffed out one by one. Out in the depths of space the great celestial cities, the galaxies cluttered with the memorabilia of ages, are gradually dying. Tens of billions of years pass in the growing darkness ... of a universe condemned to become a galactic graveyard.
-Edward Harrison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 am 

I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum to post your blog about 2012 in? This is the "Quotation talk" forum... /:

Anyhow, the mayan calendar does not predict the end of the world, it only ends on 21 december 2012, what we should read into that on the other hand, is another thing. It could mean so much.

Though! Scientists (astrologists, spelling please?) claim that we are moving into the center of our galaxy and a "spot" of no "gravity" (no magnetism) surrounding the planet.. leading to the unstability of it all, we could end up spinning like a yo-yo. That have some grave effects such as winds, waves, vulcanic eruptions and major earthquaqes.. leading to the end of most of the life on earth. This on the other hand is also claimed to be a natural cycle of our earths life and it has happened before. We're just moving into a new era, and this time we're aware of it (and they migh have been before also if there were humans then).

TIP: Wait until late 2011, compare it to today, and see how much the instability of the earth has changed since today.. then decide what to believe. There would of course be a huge acceleration the closest year, as compared to the last 50 years.

And, this topic as I see it, is off topic for the forum it has been posted in.

Post subject: post
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:24 pm 

then where would you suggest i post it then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:24 pm 

I don't.

But if you want me to, then perhaps here? /forum/viewforum.php?f=7 ("Fluff Forum / Other Sites")

Always read the description of a forum category before posting in it, there's a reason why there are different categories.. /: