Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: I need a quote
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:04 am 

I need a quote(s) on the folly of quick success and the need for one to experience failure now and then. Can anyone direct me to a couple please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 pm 

i got this quote when i felt like a failure from someone i never knew would help me. "With great wisdom comes great worship, with great worship comes great feelings." you decide weather that feeling is failure or success. You decide weather the failure becomes success with something you might thing is nothing. Now i am a story writer in high school with unbelievalbe thoughts of ideas for incredible stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.
John Keats
English lyric poet (1795 - 1821)

If you type "success" and then separately "failure" in the search part of this Forum you may find other quotes which are useful to you on these subjects.

Post subject: Hope this helps a little
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:41 pm 

Failure is just another way to say that you cant, and there is no such thing as that. Mistakes are often veiwed as failures so here is a quote that I hope helps you!
:)
"Wise men profit more from fools that fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the succeses of the wise."
Cato the Elder (234 BC- 149 BC)

I will keep my ears open for better quotes. Just remember we are all human and humans make mistakes. The mistakes, or failures, we make often teach us more than the things we do correctly the first time!