Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

0.0 Wow, it's still surviving after all these months...

"There is a foolproof way to sort out the friendly and unfriendly people in this modern world, knock on their door, if they answer, they're friendly, if you hear the sound of a gun being loaded, not so much..."

"Don't give up on life, if you do, you miss out on the reward of the biggest cookie of all: heaven."

Post subject: ????
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:33 am 

I WONDER WHEN WILL THE DEATH DIE ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:53 am 

This is one I read on a friends myspace page. (i know, myspace, ugh, how meaningful and true can it be?) but i was comfortable in my life and bored. so when i saw this, i decided to finally make the move to Maui spontaneously. and it made me think. here it is.

"Put yourself in a vulnerable place"

Im much more mature for my age than most people. through my hardships i have learned that i enjoy going through hell because when i get myself out of the situation, ive grown THAT much and ive gotten past through THAT much. its awesome to look back, see what youve done, take a deep breath, leave it there, turn back around and move forward. That is what life is all about according to me. anyone agree?[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 pm 

"put yourself in a vulnerable place"
-Eunicycle

and you will expirence all of the horrors that being vulnerable presents. We who can feel pain, so too learn from it... but there are some pains that the human race cannot feel without losing that potential expirience to the quietus, the insanity, or the chaos.

Humans, though strong in speech and in ingenuity, are not immortal nor invincible (thankfully so). There are a great many things that they simply cannot survive, and being vulnerable makes a human much more prone to these perils.

To expirience vulnerablitiy... is an action fraught with danger. For in every form in which it exists, so too it destroys.

Vulnerability of the body leads to murder, shortened lifetime, permanant loss of one's limbs, and other such troubles.

Vulnerability of the mind leads to insanity, low esteem, paranoia, and other such things.

The only way to ensure safty while vulnerable, is to know that you are always vulnerable (wherever you are), and to think about the consequences of not preparing yourself for these troubles. Please don't take any offense at these truths... i do not mean them personally.

Rather: please understand that one can only expirience pains when one is safely prepared for them, lest their unpreparedness leads to loss of things which they may deem precious.

"Don't forget boat when traveling over thin ice, no matter how cumbersome it is to bear."
-Saeules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:48 pm 

Quote:
Of all the things in heaven and hell that are known that which I wish to know most is that which I need to know least -- thatmediaguy.tumblr.(com)

Post subject: Quote
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:52 pm 

Location: Please let me know if I am repeating someone elses quote :)
Do not be afraid of what successfull people that have done you wrong would say about you; for they are successful because they follow the do not speak evil rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:39 am 

"As hard as you try you will always achieve something but if you just sit there and cry you will never achieve anything.”

:lol: