Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: soccer team
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 am 

What are the best strategies for 5v5 beach soccer/ football? How do you organize the team on the field? I will be coaching a very competent, premier level U-11 Girls soccer team in an upcoming beach soccer tournament. Having never seen the game played at a high level, I am looking for specific tips on how to organize the team, and what the best attacking and defending strategies are in beach soccer... What do the pros or better amateur teams do? Are there any websites dedicated to beach soccer where I can get additional related information?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:38 am 

Two things I would suggest.
Firstly, make sure the kids are playing as a unit. If one moves forward one drops back to cover. The best model is provided by the Dutch concept of 'Total Football', where every player is able and willing to play in any role on the field.
Secondly, but perhaps most importantly the team members need to enjoy what they are doing. They are under 11. It should only ever be about enjoyment.
Good Luck.
ps. Beach football? You lucky lucky people. We're playing snow football at the moment.

Post subject: Re: soccer team
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 am 

taeckery wrote:
What are the best strategies for 5v5 beach soccer/ football? How do you organize the team on the field? I will be coaching a very competent, premier level U-11 Girls soccer team in an upcoming beach soccer tournament. Having never seen the game played at a high level, I am looking for specific tips on how to organize the team, and what the best attacking and defending strategies are in beach soccer... What do the pros or better amateur teams do? Are there any websites dedicated to beach soccer where I can get additional related information?

"taeckery", I like your approach to finding useful information on a topic.
I usually adopt the same strategy! When I want to get news about the latest developments in theoretical physics, for example, my first step is to go to websites dedicated to beach soccer.