Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:48 pm 

Our greatest fear is not that we will fail, but that we will succeed beyond our greatest dreams.

Can you correct this wording and tell me who said it? I thought it was Kahlil Gibran but haven't been able to verify it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:25 am 

Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be so brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are we not to be? You are a child of God: Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.~Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love (1992)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:35 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

8O Those are the most power words I've ever read in my life. I'm going to copy that down and pass it on.

~Albert Einstein