Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:36 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

My son attained the age of eighteen years on Sunday, April 13th. He came into the world by way of a C-section on Saturday, April 13th, 1985. It was a beautiful spring day in western Tennessee. The dogwoods were blooming and the crappie were spawning. I bought him a Lucky 13 fishing lure as a gift. I also bought baby blue crappie jigs to give to my friends. Jr. recently completed all the requirements for the rank of Eagle Scout and he is scheduled to graduate from High School late in the month of May. He elected to pass on our annual fishing trip so he could go to the movie theatre in Jackson, Tennessee, to watch the film, Anger Managment. He requested a cheesecake for a birthday cake. My wife and I gave him two gift certificates of $50.00 each. I also gave him Longfellow, (one of my hunting bows). Andrew plans to attend college in the fall but he has not yet decided on a college.

I can well remember the day that I turned 18 back in the year of 1975. I had to work at a gasoline service station during the morning. My mother brought me a platter of ham & eggs for breakfast. When I got off from work I took my girlfriend fishing with me. Alice and I went to Bobo lake to fish for channel catfish. I caught several fish but I ended up getting finned right in the main nerve of my right index finger. I guess it was that fish's way of saying "Happy Birthday." The injury got much worse before it began to heal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

:!: :!: :!: :!: CONGRATULATIONS TO PHANTOM JR. ON THE OCCASION OF HIS 18TH BIRTHDAY :!: :!: :!: :!:

My thoughts, my words, my crimes forgive
And since I soon must cease to live
Instruct me how to die.~Lord Byron
Rogue insomniac