Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have been working on a new site that looks suspiciously similar to this one, except with a slightly different shade of blue and entirely different content. The official announcement will go out in a few days, but I wanted the forum regulars to get a look at it first.

The Literature Page (yes, our creative naming continues)
http://www.literaturepage.com/

About The Literature Page
http://www.literaturepage.com/about.html

This site is my attempt to make entire classic books, stories, and poems available - and readable - online. Although there are many online literature sites out there, It offers some unique features, such as customizable fonts and colors, that will make the idea of reading online a bit less of a headache. We have 72 public-domain books and stories online so far and will have at least 100 when the site officially opens.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that this forum will be shared between the two sites. So there will be some minor reorganizing and renaming of forums in a few days, but very little will change. You won't be automatically logged in there, but your username and password from this forum will work (and the content of the forums is the same.)

Feel free to post comments to this thread or to email. (only three human beings have seen it so far - I need more feedback!)

Thanks for reading!

Post subject: suggestion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:09 am 

hey there...juz to let ya noe that the new site iz really cool... well done! juz one thing...the bookshelf thingy...isnt it possible to have it accessible only when u log in or sth...as in saved under a username, not as cookies in the computer...cuz it isnt very convenient as my brother has a habit of deleting the cookies in the computer! also 10 books isnt enuf if my family wishes to use the site! pls reply...thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I feel so special to be one of the first!! :!: !! :P The new site is great! I really like and felt right at home when I first saw it. If I may make a request; I really would like to see Lord Byron on there if it's not too much trouble. And one suggestion: Maybe if you had a "Reading List" section for high schools and colleges it would be really useful to those in school to be able to go on an awesome page and be able to use the excuse "I'm doing my home work." while there. But again it's just a suggestion that might crank up the user list. Once again Very Cool! :!:

My thoughts, my words, my crimes forgive
And since I soon must cease to live
Instruct me how to die.~Lord Byron
Rogue insomniac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for the comments.

fanykia: Within a few weeks I'll set up a system where you can log in and access your bookshelf from there. Along with solving your cookie problem this will mean you can access the bookshelf from different computers.

Rogue: I'll see if Byron is available. Also, reading lists sound like a good idea for the future.