Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Ruth Fulton Benedict
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:35 am 

i couldnt find her on ur page so here are some quotes for u to start..hope that u will add her on soon!

The adequate study of culture, our own and those on the opposite side of the globe, can press on to fulfillment only as we learn today from the humanities as well as from the scientists.

I haven't strength of mind not to need a career.

The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers.

In a world that holds books and babies and canyon trails, why should one condemn oneself to live day-in, day-out with people one does not like, and sell oneself to chaperone and correct them?

It is strange how we rebel against a platitude until suddenly in a different lingo it looms up again as the only verity.

Our faith in the present dies out long before our faith in the future.

The trouble is not that we are never happy -- it is that happiness is so episodical.

The purpose of anthropology is to make the world safe for human differences.

No man ever looks at the world with pristine eyes. He sees it edited by a definite set of customs and institutions and ways of thinking.

We grow in time to trust the future for our answers.

If we justify war, it is because all peoples always justify the traits of which they find themselves possessed, not because war will bear an objective examination of its merits.

The trouble is not that we are never happy -- it is that happiness is so episodical.

I gambled on having the strength to live two lives, one for myself and one for the world.

these are just some for u to start with and there are lots more..if u want me to give all that i have please let me know..thanks!