Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Suggestion- New Rooms
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:21 pm 

I have a few suggestions for additional rooms that will hopefully make our beloved forum a bit more organized.

My first suggestion is a room called something like "Meet and Greet", where all new users can come and introduce themselves. Sometimes, newbies will go in any forum and post an introductory message. I have no problem with the message, but it can clutter up the room a bit. I feel it would help if we had a central area for these posts, so people still get introduced, but people can go through topics in say the Fluff forum a little bit easier.

NOTE ABOUT THE SUGGESTION ABOVE: This room should, in my opinion, have post count disabled, so that people will not just go there for a quick post to get their count up.

I think it might also be a good idea to create a "Debate Hall", a place specifically made for debate topics. Again, this would serve to make a more organized forum. A suggestion for this section of the forum: Make it read only by default. That is to say, you must get posting rights through someone like a moderator. Maybe send them about a paragraph of debate for entrance. The reason for this is we don't want some random person crashing in and disrupting the debate at hand, never to return. This would reduce the occurrance of useless spam like "OMGZ, I'M LIEK PRO-CHOICEZORZ", without any supporting evidence or anything. this rule would cotribute to the intelligence of the room.

Thank you if you actually read all that, and I'd like to hear any suggestions or comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:41 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

K first things first...
Like the intro room a lot. I think it's a great idea.
However, I think that disabeling post count is unecesary. A post is a post, and who really cares about the number of posts you have. I haven't the slightest how many I have...

Second, debates tend to be taken into the fluff forum, and I see no reason to take them from there. Besides, sometimes it is too hard to decide whether it's a debate, simple discussion... and what if a discussion becomes a debate? Is it moved? Just my opinion but let's leave debates in the fluff. If it aint broke don't fix it.
Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:01 am 

You could also make the debate forum more organised by including sub-forums that being "Present Issues" and "Historical Issues".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:27 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Nice suggestions.
For the Introduction, this is the right place but not many people visit it, So even if we have another Forum, the result might be the same. I think the Fluff Forum is doing pretty good and its popularity might be the reason many people post only at that section then the rest.
But good suggestions, Yeah we have moderators to crub the scarp from here.