Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:09 am 

Location: A reality of my own making as only I can see it. I see as I am therefore reality is what I make it.
Well hullo :P. Most people, family and friend, call me Dagwood. It only seemed appropriate to make it my username here. To know a little about me, just kindly click that profile button at the bottom of this post, if you dare.

In life I seek the continuation of thought, for fear of its discontinuation. I live for knowledge, wisdom, and philosophy. In some of my writings, are outlined five pleasures of this life, of this reality. These pleasures of which I speak are: love expressed through sex, music, philosophy, friendship and nature. Of love comes passion, and an act without these leaves only instinct, of which true pleasure is lost. Love is an expression of human passion, and music is a passion of human expression. Music breathes light into a dark world. Of thoughts spring new ideas and of thoughts new ideas spring. Ideas and thoughts lead to reason, discussion, knowledge, and finally wisdom, and of this springs forth philosophy. In discussion there in lies friendship, and laughter of sorts emerges. A companionship is born, and bonds there in are formed. Time spent with a friend, like the other pleasures, is where heaven lies. Heaven lies all about us, in everyday life. Sadly we're often too busy to see it, to enjoy it. Joy not just in passion (love), expression (music), wisdom (philosophy), laughter (friendship), but joy in life (nature). Emersion in nature has a pleasure all its own, of which produces reverence for its beauty. Wage peace and enlighten yourself. Escape from tyranny, ambition, and greed. All of which scar the flower of humanity. A vast potential wasted. Thousands of years and only this far? What for, what of? We seek things of our own gain, yes I am guilty of this too, but the raging multitude of humanity cares not of consequence, of harm done. Be rational, be thoughtful, and be free.

To go on or to stop, to bed I say and to bed I shall, to dreams both terrifying and utterly beautiful. Another reality awaits and soon I'll go, but not yet...

A little caffeine and a little lost sleep can create things not thought possible of this mind. Hmm... :idea:!

How I diverged from the original path that this thread was meant, I don't quite know. A suggestion! Ah, yes. Less clutter leaves more to mutter. Seeing as how this will create yet another an entirely new thread, why not create a 'sticky' introduction thread, one where members new, can say hello to all of you.

More to come from this mind will flow.
What that is I do not know?
Of words yet unforeseen,
To those that before have been.
Ever turning the circle bends,
Only to return and never end.
The mind slips and conscious wanes,
Another part lost down the drain.
Alas the time clock ticks,
My mind is turning to bricks!
Where will I be tomorrow?
Not in that of sorrow.
Living life to its fullest,
I learn so not to be the dullest.
All good things must come to end,
Of dreams in sleep my mind I send.
-Dagwood

- Art, in the names of music, theatre, cinema, photography, literature, body art, painting, and sculpture, all of which are facilitated by thought, are the epitome of human potential. I wish to hold on to that potential. - Dagwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:35 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Welcome to the family Dagwood,
I'm sure for one thing that I would really enjoying posting with you..
Why dont you post or announce in the Fluff forum, so that more people can know that you have arrived and welcome you..
Cheers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:58 pm 

Location: A reality of my own making as only I can see it. I see as I am therefore reality is what I make it.
ishrat wrote:
Welcome to the family Dagwood,
I'm sure for one thing that I would really enjoying posting with you..
Thanks a lot :). It would seem, that for the most part, this forum is full of intelligent people. I may yet have found what I was looking for, that is, of more people with minds of merit to culture knowledge and wisdom.
ishrat wrote:
Why dont you post or announce in the Fluff forum, so that more people can know that you have arrived and welcome you...
There I was about to post in the Fluff forum, but that of a suggestion I had to make. Thanks once agian for the welcome, but there is one thing I ask, for another question I do have. Should I just re-post this in the Fluff (or would that frowned upon)?

- Art, in the names of music, theatre, cinema, photography, literature, body art, painting, and sculpture, all of which are facilitated by thought, are the epitome of human potential. I wish to hold on to that potential. - Dagwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:07 pm 

welcome to the family dagwood. i think you'll like it here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:54 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Quote:
but there is one thing I ask, for another question I do have. Should I just re-post this in the Fluff (or would that frowned upon)?

Dagwood, you could repost it.. it won't be frowned at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:37 pm 

Ok, I did. The reason I asked was because I belong to another forum that does. They have a large site with lots of people working it, so someone just ends up moving the post to the proper forum.