Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The Queen Bee and I were married up on June 21, 1980, (the longest dayof the year). We will acknowledge 23 years of matrimony tomorrow, June 21, 2003. She will be attending a wedding in Memphis and I plan to float the Harpeth River in Pegram with my newest canoeing partner. (The Queen and I plan to have dinner at the Outback on Sunday, June 22.)

In 1980 we had a formal church wedding at the First Presbyterian Church in Jackson, Tennessee. There were two receptions. The reception following the wedding was held at the mansion next to the church. It was dry, (cake and punch). The second reception was held at her parents home in Lexington. It was wet, (champaign and wine). :D Her parents gave us a $1000.00 for a gift. My parents made the downpayment on a brand new Cheverolet. We departed for Memphis in our new car and spent our wedding night at the Holiday Inn Rivermont (on the Mississippi). On June 22, 1980, we drove to Mountain Home, Arkansas, and checked in at the Holiday Inn. On Monday, June 23, we fished for trout in the White River. :mrgreen: Following our honeymoon, we arrived at our love nest (an efficency apartment) in Union City, Tennessee.

It wasn't until 1989 that I wrote a poem as a tribute to our wedding. It is titled as The Wedding Bells of June. I might post it later if I get a hankering. We plan to take our second cruise in October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:02 pm 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

Phantom Delta,

Your a great person and I wish you the best of luck!!

I would love to read that poem that you wrote, how I love reading poetry....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:26 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I don't have the poem on disc and the posting of it may be delayed or altogether postponed. The Wedding Bells of June needs to be secured by a copyright. Anyway, We had fair weather on June 21. The Queen and I went out for an early breakfast at Bailey's Restaurant (ham & eggs). Thereafter, I spent the day doing lawn work and maintenance on the lake. (My canoe trip was delayed by Long Feather until Sunday). On Sunday June 22, The Queen and I celebrated our 23rd at the Outback in Jackson (5:00 p.m.). Our daughter went with us and the bill came to $52.53 plus tip. :roll: Since I am 46 and since I have been married 23 years, it occurred to me that I have been married for half my life. I guess one could call it an equinox of sorts. The Queen hit her equinox last year (married 22 years at the age of 44).

The only other announcement that I have to make is that I will be going to Nova Scotia in September to hunt black bear. :mrgreen: